I remember doing their hair for the first photo magazine shoot they every did. Jermaine dropped them off to my house an I did their twists. They would always say "we gone be large" and "we gone blow up...watch". God rest your soul Kris.<3
I remember the day you were born, literally!!! You came out taking no bulls#!+ off anyone...you were solid from day one! It's good to see you haven't lost who you always have been to the world. God bless you Kam!
Your Godmother, DIonne Farris
"I'm so glad they won a #Grammy for 'Best New Artist' 20 years ago. @ADtheBAND @SpeechofAD @Eshe2xGrammy @DionneFarris #UnSung" - @Jeremy_Horn
I must give THEE biggest thanks to you 111 soldiers in the struggle with me, helping me to keep doing what I do! WOW! This is a true milestone in my career, seeing the real effects of you, my fans in my life. Truly supporting the music with your love, your efforts, your time and your money. You have given me the opportunity to continue to do the work that The Creator has put in me to do...to sing and speak to the world in song; for the truth and for my life! God bless all of you and RIGHT ON! Dionne Farris
| |Frederick Williams
William Errol Adams
Christian John Wikane
Kelli Lewis Fair
Nicole Kirnon Ra-Amon YaiYai
K Neycha Herford
Donald Lowman Jr.
Darryl V Hunter
Dameyne Toney Sr
Lisa Marie Glover
Sweet Lu Unome
Gordon R. Farris
Dr. Kellyn Hodges
Valerie Dionne Parker
Nick 'Djnabs' Nabinski
Janice K Hickel
Nissa K Elliott
Nicholas Di Vito
Helen Keniston Oney
Kelli D. Williams
Jennifer Brown Washington
"Right On" (Earl DeRouen/Marvin Gaye)
That's alright people
I know that's alright
Oh, when we love each other
I know that's alright
Oh feel it, feel it
Oh everybody feel it
God know that's alright, yes
Some of us were born
With money to spend
Some of us were born
For races to win
Some of us are aware
That it's good for us to care
Some of us feel the icy wind
Of poverty blowing in the air
For those of us who simply like to socialize
For those of us who tend the sick
Ah, and heed the people's cries
Let me say to you
Right on, feel it
Yea, oh, oh, Oh Lord, Lord, people
And I say, Right on
Honey right on
For those of us who live
Where peace is craved
For those of us who live, uh-huh
Where hatred is enslaved, alright
For those of us who live a life
Yea, surrounded by good fortune and wealth
Talk about it
Those of us who live a life
Hey, hey, hey enjoying ourselves
For those of us who got drowned
In the sea of happiness
For the soul that takes pride in his God
And himself and everything else
That's all it is
We need love
That's all it is
Love's the thing
Love, love, love, love
Sweet love, love
Ah, true love, love
Love for your brother
Love, for God
Love can conquer hate everytime
Give out some love and you'll find
And my darling, one more thing
If you let me, I will take you
To live where love is King
Ah, ah baby, baby
Ah, ah, ah, baby
People who love and care
Leo Kelly was my science teacher in middle school. Mr. Kelly was a great teacher. I believe I remember a bonus question on "The Science Test"...The Q:Why? The A:Why not?"
Leo J. Kelly II CREAM RIDGE - Leo J. Kelly II, 74, of Cream Ridge, passed away Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, at Deborah Heart and Lung Hospital in Browns Mills. Born in Perth Amboy, he was a longtime Allentown resident before moving to Cream Ridge in 2000. Leo retired from the MacFarland School in Bordentown after 35 years as a devoted science teacher, where he impacted the lives of three generations of students. I will never forget it, or you Mr. Kelly, RIP. ~Dionne Farris
Enjoy these mysteries of science in memory of Mr. Kelly. 8 Simple Questions You Won't Believe Science Can't AnswerThe 10 All Time Best Answers To: Why?
The Early Bird
The studies that say evening types are less reliable and stable, but that could be the result of night owls trying to fit the early bird way of life!
- Scientists from the University of Bologna infer that early birds are more conscientious people.
- A 2008 study by psychologist Marina Giamnietro et al. indicates evening-people tend to be less reliable, less emotionally stable and more apt to suffer from depression, addictions and eating disorders.(1) (From a personal perspective, “doh!”)
- The American Psychologist Association agrees that ‘morningness’ is associated with greater positive emotions in all age groups.(6) Measuring happiness is subjective, but it does show ‘morningness’ is associated with positive emotions.
- Published in the Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Christopher Randler, a professor at the University of Education in Heidelberg, Germany reported that early birds are more proactive than evening people, and so they do well in business. “They tend to get better grades in school, which gets them into better colleges which then leads to better job opportunities. Morning people also anticipate problems and try to minimize them. They’re proactive,” he says.(6)
Let’s see what the night owls have to say about that.
The Night Owl
- Research by Satoshi Kanazawa et al. at the London School of Economics discovered significant differences in sleep preferences, and found that people with higher IQs are more likely to be night owls. They found an evolutionary shift from being active in the day towards nightly pursuits and that those individuals who preferred to stay up late demonstrated “a higher level of cognitive complexity.”(2)
- Researchers from Belgium and Switzerland studying sleep habits found that early risers needed more rest than their nocturnal counterparts and didn’t focus as well later in the day as those who slept in.(2)
- Functional MRI studies were used to judge homeostatic sleep pressure- the body’s need for sleep- in night owls and early birds. The morning birds woke up between 4 and 5:30 a.m and went to bed by 9 p.m. The night owls went to bed at 3 or 4 a.m. and rose at noon.
- In the night owls, increased activity was seen in two parts of the brain at 10.5 hours that are involved in regulating the circadian signal. Essentially, the circadian signal was winning out over the pressure to sleep.
- For the early birds, on the other hand, “the sleep pressure prevents the expression of the circadian signal,” so those individuals were less able to keep their attention focused, says study coauthor Philippe Peigneux. The study is the first to show that circadian rhythms and sleep pressure interact to govern behavior.(4)
Which Bird Are You?
- The early birds also felt sleepier and didn’t react as quickly during tasks. Researchers say early birds could be more sensitive to sleep pressure than night owls. (5)
WOW... THAT'S BIG!
Bridges are metaphors for everything in life. A bridge is a structure built to span physical obstacles such as a body of water, valley, or road, for the purpose of providing passage over the obstacle. You only notice the bridge when it's out, otherwise it's all ways there for you, being a bridge over troubled water... bridging the gaps of life.
Last night was a great night for the entertainment industry in Georgia. I took part as a performer (singing For U from my Top 10 Soul CD of 2011, SIGNS OF LIFE) in GA Entertainment Gala's First Annual Awards Show. It was great to be in the room with all the players who are doing big things in the fields of film and television, around the city and Georgia at large! Time to get my acting chops wet again! #GOINGFORITALL2013 Dionne ;)
Singing "For U" from Signs Of Life. Named Top 10 Soul Albums of 2011 "Arguably the best CD of her career." Creative Loafing ATL.
Click to listen to For U from Signs Of Life...available on iTunes now!
The Golden Girls! ;)
trinichel Had a blast at the First Annual #Georgia #Entertainment #Gala with my ma, and the #amazing #DionneFarris! Love #hosting the #RedCarpet #ILoveMyJob #Follow my #Journey #Blessed
#georgiaentertainmentgala Yes you are seeing double double trouble that is the talented and beautiful Deon Farris from the soundtrack of the movie love JonesYep I had to do a double take too but guess what we have mutual friends and that was good to know so we took a picture together ain't we cute.(Dionne) -Bo Tally
#georgiaentertainmentgala Powerful ppl. Rhonda Wilkins and her husband, Dionne Farris, Bo Talley, James Brown
Robert Townsend's Playhouse 22 - So Blind (my First professional acting debut)